Sunday 9 October 2011

Fatboy Slim And Spike Jonze

Spike Jonze has directed 2 of Fatboy Slim's music videos: Praise You and Weapon Of Choice. Praise You soared to number 1 in the charts and the video is still well know today, whilst Weapon Of Choice cast superstar Christopher Walken, with the video being the significant selling point for this song. As Jonze is an inspirational director for me I thought best to look into his work, and through Weapon of Choice I have seen that even a basic concept (the floating in the hotel, hard to create yet simple in idea form) can become a smash hit, and that has played some inspiration to my final idea, whilst Praise You has given me an idea of incorporating some 'Guerilla' shots so to get a realistic reaction of passers by for my chase, this has also proved successful in Jonze's work in Jackass.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All Comments Moderated