Thursday, 1 March 2012

Blog Changes To Be Made

Before the deadline for blog marking, it has been brought to our attention that we need to notify changes to the blog that will be made, however not until after marking. These changes are as follows:

  • Vodcasts need to be uploaded onto the blog - this will be completed next week
  • Podcasts also need to be uploaded, however not as many as there are vodcasts - again, this will be completed next week
  • Final draft of digipak and magazine ads (our progress in this has been halted due to location scouting problems)
We expect all these problems to be ammended by at most a fortnight, although we do believe we can achieve these goals, and changes that need to be made to our final cut, in the coming week.

GG - Editing vid on iMovie

Video Effects
Recently I have been editing the footage that me and Tom have taken on the software iMovie (version 9.0.4). We filmed all of our work on a Nikon D300s with included '720p / 24 fps HD video recording', and then imported it straight into iMovie, we are yet to edit any work on Final Cut but plan to very soon. 

I found editing on iMovie very simple, this may be down to its lack of special effects available but for what we needed, it was perfect! 

I started off by selecting all the clips I wanted from the events section and moved them into the project itself. This was very time consuming due to all the shots having to fit to the audio. In between shots I inserted transitions during selected sections, these were mainly used to show a flashback or a memory. 

Once all the shots were in place, I went about removing all the original audio from the clips, this again was very time consuming. 
Changing the Saturation
As seen in the video I have used three different effects on the clips. For the performance I used the 'Hard Light' video effect. I personally think this effect works really well because it helps disguise the fact we filmed in a basement through making the background image harder to see. For the photo scenes we used a 'Black and Whie' video effect, this helping show it is in the past. Finally I used a 'Dream' video effect for the memories. But I also played around with the saturation which gave the shots more light. 

This is our final edit in iMovie and now we hope to move onto using Final Cut to incorporate the cross cut effect. 

GG - Things to be done

We are fast approaching the deadline day for all work to be handed up. Me and Tom have looked at what needs to be done and have made a plan.

  • The Digipak needs finalising, all we need is an image of a swing form the front and back then we can get finishing our digipak. Tom will be mainly working on this. 
  • After a few drafts for the magazine ad we need to create a final version, I have a good idea of what I want it to look like and will hopefully have it done by the end of next week. 
(All research for the digipak and magazine ads has been done, it is just a matter of finishing them off)

  • We need to shoot one more scenario showing more conflict between the couple on screen. 
  • Do a rough cut on final cut, not just iMovie, here  we can use cross fading shots etc.. 
Now we have got a plan I believe we can get all the work finished off.